Have you ever sung the song "The ants go marching two by two hurrah, hurrah...?" well I sing it regularly here on this side of the globe, in fact, everytime I return to this house. I don't sing it for amusement. I sing it in frustration. I also change the words and sing "The ants go marching ten by ten" or sometimes I change it to "one hundred by one hundred" depending on how many ants have decided it's nicer inside our house than outside and have rallied their forces and multitudes to take over the house.
Actually it's not just ants. I remember a spider the size of my hand that we found hibernating in a corner of my room near the head of my bed. We vaccumed that one up, but of course more returned to take its place.
Anyway, I'm not complaining as much as trying to come to terms with the fact that I live in a not so tame part of the world right now and this is one of those things that comes with living close to nature - sometimes you're so close there is no separation.
But a quick update on other matters of interest. Today, being Sunday (I'm lagging behind the times of my fellow friends in Taipei, which is sad except on Sundays, because that means you're already on Monday :) anyway, so today wasn't very eventful, was what I wanted to say. I spent some time on paperwork, preparing to mail it off in the morning, and looked at the online program for taxes. That was exciting.
Now I am deciding it's time for some sleep. I think I mentioned how I hate to ever admit to any sort of jetlag, but I suppose I have had a touch of jetlag, seeing as how I was wide awake at 4 am this morning for no apparent reason. So I took advantage of the time to finish off a book, and then I went back to sleep.
Now it is 10 pm and I am decidedly ready for bed. I am thankful that I only had 2 days of wanting to go to bed before 6 pm. My schedule seems to be adjusting nicely, although wouldn't you know it, in two days I shall again experience a time difference, this time of a few hours, and then the time will officially change, and then I shall change time zones again. Translation: I shall be very confused by the end of this month.
Well that's all for now. Until next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment