Imagine, 2 blog posts in less than a week... I really amaze myself, or perhaps amuse myself. At any rate, I do enjoy writing and need to do it more often. So we haven't done anything radically different in class this week, but I thought I'd share some things we did before... for example...
Did you know that Facebook has several word games called "Word Challenge" where you have 6 letters and your goal is to create as many words with those six letters as you can in 20 seconds or more. Then you can change the letters and start creating all over again. So we played that in my English 1 classes several times. My students are quite good at finding words. I think they enjoy the challenge and the puzzle/problem solving skills. I enjoy it too!
Did you know, that Facebook also has the coolest word game called Scrabble? But anyway, enough about Facebook... back to Taipei... they have the coolest place here called "Subber" - which really is a local Subway with the absolute greatest sub sandwiches. Where else do you get corn and sweet mayonnaise on your sandwich? Only at Subber, in Taipei. Speaking of food. I still haven't visited what is called by some "Stinky Tofu Alley" ... I have a feeling I'd much rather go there only if I canfind the Gelato store at the end somewhere which my friend told me about.
The weekend is coming up... that means 4 weeks left of teaching! And my field trip has been approved! So my students are going to do a literature treasure hunt soon!
This weekend we are planning a special Easter program for the students... I hope you remember that when you think of us... keep us in mind - that it will be a special experience for everyone who comes. It's so neat to see my students blosom into leaders who lead their fellow students in singing and discussing and thinking about the deeper topics of life.
Well it's bye for now. Until next time,
R
I love word games :) I will have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your students have a blessed Easter!
You have to try Stinky Tofu before you leave, just for the experience!!! Haha, I'm glad I wasn't there long enough to try it!
ReplyDelete