Hi All! This is my first blog, and it sounds very uncreative already. All week I have been trying to teach my students how to write creatively, and I go and start off my very first blog with "This is my first blog." As if I could create a more elementary sentence than that.
As my post suggests, I am in my second week of teaching, and counting, counting the days of teaching that is. I'm also trying to count my students. There is one day left until the add/drop deadline, and I am very thankful I will no longer have a list of 23 students, only to count them and come up with 24.
I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I am afraid I may have to use the 1,000 words in place of a picture today as I have left my camera at home. I truly am a workaholic. Yesterday I arrived at the school between 6 and 6:30 a.m., and for those of you who know me, you may appropriately drop your jaws now as I know that sounds like a time I may be going to bed instead of going to work.
Well I made it until 7 pm yesterday, give or take an hour or two, and then went to the fruit market with my housemate, I have two - housemates that is. I bought... well do you really want to know? I'll tell you anyway. I bought juicy ripe, well, maybe I shouldn't tell you because I feel sorry you can't try it. "It" was a mango. And actually I haven't tried it yet. I also bought two 'ripe' green guavas, which I found out do not taste good with salt sprinkled liberally on top. They only become salty, not sweet.
After a quick dash into the bookstore nearby we trudged home with our purchases. This is a city of walking, unless you have the good fortune to have bought a motorbike, or you have even more good fortune and have a car. The cheapest option would be the old-fashioned bicycle, but since I live and work on the same street I have not felt a strong need for one.
It is busy here. Very busy. And hot. Very hot. I loathe the energy-sapping curse of sweating, but sweating before 7 a.m. must surely be a crime.
Well soon it will be time to sign the paper that goes around if I stay past a certain time after school, stating what time I will be leaving. I fear I must end now. Until next time, "wan 'an" which means "peaceful night" or, "good night."
*-*
How thrilling! Very creative and humorous (love the dry European humour, at least you have that in your humid country!). Keep blogging!!!
ReplyDelete